Home & Family
Walk Your Way to a Healthy Summer!
July 5, 2017
We’ve all heard the benefits of walking as exercise, but in the midst of our busy days it can be difficult to find the motivation. Today is a great day to start or reinvigorate a walking routine, so let us help with the inspiration!
Walking has been proven to increase energy, improve heart health and strengthen bones and muscles. Best of all, you don’t need any special equipment or a gym to do it – just head outside!
Click to buy: Paisley Printed Top , Pull On Millennium Tech Clamdigger
Photo Credit (Yellowstone): Fran Masterman
Looking for motivation to get moving? Exploring new scenery, strolling with kids, or walking a dog are all great excuses to start (and keep) a walking routine!
We’ve got casual, comfy chic looks that pair perfectly with your walks, or anywhere the day takes you!
Click to buy: Silky French Terry Top
Click to buy: Moroccan Tile Print Top
Studies show that when we increase our exercise, our diets improve as well. Try this sweet, simple and healthy dessert to follow a nice summer’s walk!
Photo and Recipe Credit: American Heart Association
Grilled Avocado with Strawberry and Honey
- In a small bowl, gently stir together the strawberries and honey. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally to let the strawberries macerate and release their natural juices.
- When the strawberries are ready, preheat the grill on medium high.
- Lightly spray each avocado with cooking spray. Place the avocados on the grill with the stem side facing 10 o’clock. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Rotate the avocados so that the stem side is facing 2 o’clock. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the avocado halves to plates with the flesh side up.
- Remove the strawberry mixture from the refrigerator. Fold in the mint.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture over each avocado half and serve.
Sometimes the best inspiration to get walking is time spent with friends!
Click to buy: Tie-Dye Crepe Blouse , Floral Vine Print Top
After a hot summer stroll, cool off with this heart-healthy treat from the American Heart Association.