Photo Credit: Food52.com
For the complete recipe, visit food52.com
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Unsalted butter or vegetable oil, for frying
- For serving: cinnamon sugar, jam, sour cream, or maple syrup
- Add the cream cheese, eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract to a food processor and process, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary, until the mixture is completely smooth and the consistency of loose pancake batter. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and fold in the ricotta cheese until combined.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat, swirling the pan to coat. Working in batches of 5 or 6, drop the batter by the heaping tablespoon into the skillet, nudging it into a circle with the back of a spoon. Fry until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes; flip and continue frying until the latkes are cooked all the way through, another 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer latkes to a plate and serve immediately with desired toppings
You can shop our web store 24 hours a day! 30% off select styles for the season available at rubyrd.com.